So Gates has made billions founding and running Microsoft - now he wants capitalism to be more benevolent. Some 85% of the world's 6 billion people live in substandard or developing nations, many are in poverty. The rest of the world is controlled by the remaining 15%.
The bottom 2 billion of the world's people live in utter poverty. Reforming capitalism is Bill Gates' answer.
Is reform even possible? And is it the goal of capitalism to be benevolent? What are your thoughts on this and what are some of the challenges/problems with such a proposal. A series of links below the video should take you to the stories and commentary written and broadcast about Gates' comments.
Tatge - Fox Business News:
Forbes billionaires: http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/07/billionaires-worlds-richest_07billionaires_cz_lk_af_0308billie_land.html
New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/23/business/23davos.html?ex=1358830800&en=97546dcd9dec3dd7&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink
Wall Street Journal:
Google Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql-Mtlx31e8
Alfred Hitchcock's "Foreign Correspondent"